Second Alarmer’s uses an ongoing application process. Please use the link below to apply. Once your application is received your credentials will be reviewed and you will be invited to attend our New Employee Orientation 1 session. This half day session is where you will learn more about employment at Second Alarmer’s and will complete several evaluations including a written exam, driving competency course, map reading test, practical skills evaluation, and a patient care report writing evaluation.
Why should I work at SARS?
- 12 hour shifts
- Full time member’s work 36 hours a week but are paid for 40
- Family working environment
- Cutting edge medical care and some of the latest EMS technology
- Many training programs provided at no cost to SARS members
Current benefits for full time members
*denotes also applies to part time members
- Paid time off 48 hours of personal time every year + 40 hours of vacation your first year, 80 hours your second year and increasing increments after that.
- *401.k – SARS matches 1:1 for first 3% and .5:1 for the next 2%. Net max-if employee contributes 5% of pay, SARS will match with 4%.
- Uniform Allowance- $300 per year *$100 per year
- *Access to 529 plan with no management fees
- SARS Funded $50K life insurance
- SARS Funded Short term and long term disability
Aetna HNOption “high deductible plan”
Individual deductible $2500, family $5000, SARS COVERS 100% of this deductible
HSA Visa card funded by SARS to be used for this deductible. All care including prescriptions go towards this deductible.
After deductible is met the only out of pocket employee expense is for prescriptions at reasonable co-payment rates. $10, $50, $70
Cost for employee per pay period non-tobacco user tobacco user
Single $20 $30
Employee and child $30 $45
Employee and spouse $40 $60
Family $50 $75
- *Health club reimbursement: up to $15 per month for fitness membership if member goes 10 times per month
- *Sams club: $10 gift card with membership
- *BJ Club: $40 membership + membership is 15 months instead of 12
- *Liberty Mutual: discount on property and casualty coverage for SARS members
- *Sunday program Paramedics who agree to work 20 Sunday shifts per year earn a $4/hr stipend on those shifts. EMT’s who agree to work 20 Sunday shifts per year earn a $2/hr stipend on those shifts
- *Short notice shift stipend Shifts that are put out within 48 hours of the start of the shift are eligible for a $4/hr stipend if the member has worked less than 40 hours that week and are paid at overtime for members who have worked 40 hours already that week.